SC - FW: Fields of Gold information

JEANNE STAPLETON jstaplet at du.edu
Wed Aug 18 15:43:36 PDT 1999

> > and
> >
> > You could- but _would_ you? When I visit relatives in BC I come home
> > with an accent but it never lasts very long.
>
>Sure you would -- how long do you generally visit your relatives for?
>Couple of weeks?

Heck, it only took 3 weeks at my mum-in-law's home for me to pick up on the
British tea habit.  Tea for getting up, tea with the meal, tea after
cleaning up the kitchen, tea because someone stopped in, tea because they
left, tea before starting dinner, with dinner, after dinner, tea at teatime,
naturally, and finally a pot of tea before going off to bed.  Basically,
someone will think to put the kettle on anytime something is about to
happen, is currently happening or just done.  I sometimes even drink hot tea
in the summer in preference to iced tea, and I live in North Carolina!  (no
doubt air conditioning plays a part in this!)

Bonne (otherwise known as Mrs. Lyons-McGann)