SC - This is getting insane.

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Mon Aug 23 12:53:04 PDT 1999

Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Ah, but that is precisely what to do with the parboiled bellpeppers -- bake
> them!  Stuffed with a properly seasoned filling.
>
> I admit I haven't done this in years.  Margaret has problems with the
> capsicums, so I don't cook with them much these days and if I did, I admit
> to preferring poblanos to bell peppers.

Parboiled peppers stuffed with filling? Sounds like "Stewed Monkey
Heads" to me (from Calvin and Hobbes). My kids actually like Stewed
Monkey Heads, especially when they can 'pull a Calvin', open up the
'skull' and dig out the 'brains' to eat... Bill Watterson is psycho,
yes?

Related note- when I was going to Cooks' Night regularly when I lived in
the Portland area, a couple months running we ended up making some
dishes (mostly from CoI) that we called 'Calvin food'- the sort of thing
that in the comic would rise up from the plate and try to strangle him.
Green glop, beige glop, brown glop. Delicious, but we couldn't stop
laughing, especially when Peregrine would mold it into... shapes. Yeah.
Leave it at that...

Hmm. Monkey heads sound good. Wonder what the price on skulls is
today?...

'Lainie