SC - OT -bellpepper baking

Mon Aug 23 12:33:03 PDT 1999

Adamantius sez:

> This may be an
> oversimplification: the original recipe calls for a special loaf of
> bread, shaped like a man, to be skewered with a glowing, red-hot poker.
> Yes, I suppose, technically, Qui Gon Jin is toast.

Actually, guys, this may be a representation of the classical story of the
doscovery of tempering of iron, whereby a certain king decided that a man
must die more horribly than usually, so had him run through by a red-hot
sword, thus causing them to believe that the man's live force had inhabited
the sword, thus causing a shortage of healthy slaves and miscreants, thus
causing a series of wars to remedy the lack....

Then Gunthar said:

>You're weird, Gaius.

It's taken you this long to find out, Papa? Perhaps you would understand
better if you realized that his REAL first name is Gideanus (more or less),
and that while he's Master Adamantius to most of us, he's Giddy (sometimes
Gideanus igitur) to Those Of Us In The Know.....

Phlip (heading for the Rock at a deceptively fast stroll- Margali, any roast
duck left?)

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio