SC - Anthro and cooking

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sun Aug 29 19:36:57 PDT 1999

In a message dated 8/29/1999 3:01:43 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
rygbee at montana.com writes:

<<
 > I have a recipe for Murachinos, Turkish almond macaroons that uses 3 cups
 > ground almonds, 3 egg whites, 1 1/2 cups sugar (I use 1 cup) and a pinch
 of
 > salt.  The recipe is out of Sephardic Holiday Cooking by Gilda Angel.  I
 > recently won a dessert competition with these cookies.  They seem to be a
 hit.

 > Sindara

 Recipe please.

That is the recipe.  Oh, well, yes, she did leave out the cooking
instuctions.  My version says to beat the egg whites until stiff, fold in the
almonds and sugar, and place under a broiler for 3-5 minutes, just to brown
the meringue.

Mordonna