SC - [Fwd: Feast of the Lamb]

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 30 23:48:38 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>snip

> At least at one of my feasts, you can be assured of getting good wholesome
> food, prepared from scratch. That includes broth and any other ingredients.
> You will never find bouillon cubes, broth bases, instant this or that,
> pre-prepared anything.

I am afraid that I do tend to pre-prepare & freeze as much as possible prior to
the feast because I have a severe back injury that means I am physically unable
any longer to spend a lot of time cooking in one go.  It gives me the capacity to
prepare a much greater variety of dishes than I would physically be able to (even
given my injury) in one day.

I also find it easier to pre-prepare as much as possible so that I am not so
reliant on the often poor cooking facilities of most of the halls that are
available here . . . but THAT is not what I wanted to talk about!

> With the possible exception of certain spice blends
> that I make in advance and frozen bread dough.

>snip
Okay, question...
I have never actually frozen bread dough as after making it I invariably cook the
bread!  However, I am looking at making the dough for bread for my upcoming feast
and so I was wondering if you could post the recipe you use.

Also, can you tell me when you freeze the dough (Eg. after all mixing, rising,
kneading etc is done, part way thru the process so you must let it rise prior to
baking, or do you partially cook it and then freeze).

Lastly, how long do you leave it to defrost prior to baking

Thanks in advance,

Lorix (who hasn't got time to have her own experiments in freezing bread dough)