SC - My Pasta Salad - OOP

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Aug 4 14:17:47 PDT 1999

The kind of curry powder I use is a commecial brand, readily found in most
good groceries. It comes in little glass jars, labeled "Hot Curry Powder"
but it isn't noticeably hotter than any other I've tried, although it does
have an intensity of fragrance  and flavor which I love. I'm thinking the
brand is "Spice Islands" but considering what my house looks like a day and
a half before I leave for Pennsic, I can't find it at the moment.

I don't CARE if it's not authentic, it's GOOD!!!!!!

Another non-period suggestion for the stuffed eggs you mentioned with your
post: Try adding the curry powder, to taste, and using sour cream or yogurt
instead of mayonaisse or salad dressing to the yolks, then partially fill
the egg with the mashed yolk mixture, then dent it with a spoon and heap a
dab of caviar in the center. I usually use the red lumpfish, because the
colors just jump out at you, begging to be eaten, but good quality caviar of
other flavors work too, if you don't like the salt in lumpfish. Much as I
avoid salt, I don't worry about it here, since you aren't normally going to
eat a large quantity of stuffed eggs, although I freely admit to going
through a half dozen, with smoked cheddar cheese, smoked oysters, and
pickled artichoke hearts and asparagus on a recent movie binge.

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio