SC - On a Tangential, OT Note - Was: Potato salad+pasta sala

James Gilly / Alasdair mac Iain alasdair.maciain at snet.net
Sun Aug 8 05:29:51 PDT 1999

At 21:37 7-8-1999 -0600, Berengaria wrote:
>Having a few dislikes, if you've tried the foods, is not being "picky"
>(sorry I really loathe that term, you'll have to ask me off list what
>my group of friends call people who "pick" all the time or call themselves
>"picky" if you really want to know).  I have a bonafide loathing of lima
>beans.
>
>I'm allergic to kale (another of the brussels sprouts/broccoli/cabbage/
>poison group) so it can sit and look pretty all it wants--across the
>table.
>
>I like most other foods in the known universe.  One thing I've enjoyed
>about travels to places like Hawaii and Australia is that it's given me
>the opportunity to sample foods I would never have gotten to eat
>otherwise.  I discovered I have a mania for passion fruit ice cream.

I told Philippa when we were married that there was a smallish list of
things I'd rather not eat, but would if she served them to me - hot dogs,
baked beans, anything with ketchup on it, &c.  There are only three things
I *won't* eat: tripe, brussels sprouts, and shrimp.  I've tried all three
of these things several times, prepared in various ways, and they're all
disgusting.

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie  [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and
in chief two mullets sable