SC - Cooking by "hand")

Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com Mary_HallSheahan at ademco.com
Tue Aug 17 07:36:14 PDT 1999

<<Although undeniably talented, Julia Child is a rather peculiar lady>>
A home mag once did a display on her kitchen.  She must not be inherently
organized when it comes to utensils, because her husband put up a peg board
& traced outlines of EVERYTHING from pots to spoons...

<<period eggs were likely smaller than modern eggs>>
Maredudd, try asking a 4H group or County Fair to put you in contact with
kids raising hens as a project, my mom-in-law got some recently that were
completely "weird looking" by modern standards. next time I do a feast I
plan on pre-ordering from the kid just to have on display!

Emme
who cooks by hand-measure but can't figger out sewing by a pattern let
alone by hand!