SC - Athol Brose question

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Aug 23 13:30:43 PDT 1999

"Nelson.Beth" wrote:

>    Part 1.1Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

> Okay, I have a question...I have a bottle of about 30 year old scotch at
> home that has never been opened.  I have never had scotch and have been
> looking for something to do with it.  How much of a horrible person would I
> be if I tried this?  (I am not sure of the value of such scotch or if it
> would be considered criminal to use such a bottle in such a recipe).

That would depend on what it was. If it's a bottle of Johnny Walker Red
that happens to be 30 years old, then I can't think of anything _better_
to do with it than mix it with other stuff.

If, on the other hand, it's a bottle of real single malt whisky, made
and properly aged more than 21 years ago (bearing in mind that the aging
in the bottle is less significant than aging in the cask _before_
bottling), I could imagine people hunting you down for daring such a thing.

But it's your call, though ;  ) .

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy