SC - OT -bellpepper baking

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Aug 23 22:07:47 PDT 1999

> Bear said:
> >Ah, but that is precisely what to do with the parboiled bellpeppers -- bake
> them!  Stuffed with a properly seasoned filling.

And Phlip replied
> Awright, Bear-my-love, what is the proper seasoning to use to disguise the
> nasty flavor of bell peppers? I can eat any of the hot peppers in abundance,
> including the relatively mild poblanos, but the bell peppers make me wish to
> recycle my meals into the air.....

Umm. Proper seasoning? Potato salad.
Then you and Ras would have a common opinion. :-)

I *like* stuffed peppers, including stuffed green bellpeppers.

We have talked about stuffed breads here before. Are there any other
stuffed items (other than meats) in the medieval corpus? Were fruits
stuffed and baked? What about onions? Ok, I do see stuffed aubergines
in "The Original Medieval Cuisine". Stuffed cabbage perhaps?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****