OT - Re: SC - re: digest

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Tue Aug 31 06:18:30 PDT 1999

Adamantius sez:

>I believe it stands for Ultimate Urban Yankee, whatever that means.

I should think that would be self evident, oh UUY.

>Apparently the lady, who has visited my home town more than once, has an
idea [erroneous] that I live in an environment comprised solely of
concrete.

Didn't say it was composed solely of concrete- it has a significant dirt and
smog component. There's nothing quite like standing on a street or avenue,
looking down it, then slowly raising your eyes, watching the dark yellow air
change through shades, until you look up at the sky, and see that it might
have been pale blue at one time.

>I suspect the involvement of prescription (sort of)
pharmaceuticals on her outlook.

Actually, it might have more to do with the gas mask I was reccomended to
wear.....

And I notice you didn't explain the cattail..... shall I?

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio