SC - Fish recipes

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Aug 22 14:39:55 PDT 1999

>I'm curious. Has anyone used fish dishes in the feasts they prepare? Even
here in Alaska, salmon and halibut capital of the north, fish does not hit
the feast menu very often.
>If you have included fish recipes in feasts, how many did you prepare? How
did the feast attendees respond to them?

    My Dearest Cedrin,

    The one memorable fish course I had was at a Loch Salann Solstice  -- we
had whole salmons cooked in a steamer/commercial pressure cooker thingy.
DEE LICIOUS!!!
 The event was at a National Guard Armoury, so we had a very
large/commercial kitchen and the salmon were rock hard frozen solid just
hours prior to feast,  and perfectly cooked when served.  I know,  *I*
couldn't get enough, and there was plenty to be had  ** served with a
delicate dill cream sauce**   Unfortunately I wasn't  involved with that
part of the feast prep, and don't know how/what was done.

    Caointiarn