SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Wed Dec 1 02:58:47 PST 1999

A bit before i left town for Thanksgiving (and just got back this
afternoon due to airline screw ups), i bought a couple quinces at a
good produce market (The Berkeley Bowl) here. As others were kicking
around the cost, i thought i'd post what i paid:

$1.59 US per pound

The quinces were small (i remember quinces as being larger, but,
then, the last time i bought any was around the Summer of Love, and
the old memory is probably not completely accurate for several
reasons :-) Many looked like they had mold growing over the flower
end.

Now that i'm home, i'm planning to make a bit of Byzantine murri with
them. They sure smell sweet and fragrant!

Winter is setting in. The temperature in in the mid-50's to low 60's
and it's raining more often. I sure don't miss snow.

Anahita
Originally from Chicago (home of The Hawk) and
still not quite living where the weather suits my clothes
(if anyone remember that old folk song...)