SC - OT - Antopodean Holidays

Lilinah biti-Anat lilinah at grin.net
Wed Dec 1 02:58:47 PST 1999

>Glenda
>I was just thinking, if Americans have Turkey at Thanksgiving, what do you
>eat on Christmas Day? Turkey is one of the primary meats for our Christmas
>celebrations, whether we have a hot or a cold meal.

Turkey.

My family's Christmas dinner is pretty much a repeat of our
Thanksgiving dinner. And that's just fine with me. I love turkey when
it's cooked right - crispy skin, moist juicy meat, buttery stuffing
(some folks call it dressing).

What i can't stand is sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
(yuck). I just like my sweet potatoes baked with a dab of butter and
a dash of salt. Usually we also have tossed salad, string beans with
slivered almonds, and sometimes broccoli (my favorite vegetable).
More cranberry sauce (i like the whole berry stuff - and sometime
homemade with oranges chopped into it). And of course, pumpkin pie
for dessert.

 From Thanksgiving to Christmas is sort of a month of turkey, and
stuffing with lots of butter, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream... A
friend refers to this period as the butterfat festival.

Anahita