SC - Rec: BUNUELOS

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 00:51:29 PST 1999

hey all from Anne-Marie
Valoise sez :At 06:33 PM 12/3/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Sabina Welserin has a sweet mustard recipe:
>
>34 To make the mustard for dried cod
>
>Take mustard powder, stir into it good wine and pear preserves and put sugar
>into it, as much as you feel is good, and make it as thick as you
>prefer to
>eat it, then it is a good mustard.
>
>I noticed that this calls for mustard powder. Does a coffee grinder
>get mustard seeds that finely ground?

do you have access to the original German? is it positive that they mean
mustard powder, and not "mustard powdered", ie ground seeds (which could be
a bit chunky)?
I know that there's some English recipes that call for grinding thigs like
meat to "dust" and we take that to mean "grind really well", not literally
to dust (which would be very tricky with fresh meat :)).

this is gonna be fun! I like the idea of mustard with pear preserves added...

- --AM