SC - Re: .food riddle and query

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 19:25:04 PST 1999

> STRANGE ADVENTURES IN COOKING: Episode I
>  I had had problems deciphring the number of apples so I went with my first
> guess which was three. After peeling and coring, I used my metal box grater to
> grate the apples. I then used it to grate the lemon rind. Now was cursing
> time!! How do you get the itty bitty bits of lemon zest that have been grated
> off the grater?? I used the tines of a fork to try and jab through the little
> holes to free up the zest but got very little. Please, someone tell me, is
> there a better way?

next time do the lemon first, then the apple. the apple solids will carry the
lemon bits out of the little holes.

> Well, all in all it was an interesting night, though I did go to bed with a
> tummy ache from all the cake! Did I tell you I can't resist? (wink)
> Peldyn

It sounds like something I'd liek to make one of these days...
margali
[ps happy dancing-Rob found me not one but 2 copies of flowers and rosenblooms
apicius!!! Phlip,  I need your address!]