SC - Olives

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed Dec 15 13:13:09 PST 1999

<<
 This recipe was received from a friend with the following information..I
 haven't tried it yet, but it looks interesting and easy enough.....Rita

 " About ten years ago my husband [B.Cobbey Chrisler) returned from the
 Sinai
 and asked me to make 'manna'. He was serious --being a Bible Scholar --
 and
 directed me to the Bible for further research. This recipe was developed
 using a description from Exodus 16:31. 'And the house of Israel called
 the
 name thereof Manna; and it was like coriander seed, white, and the taste
 was
 like wafers made with honey.' It appears in our Bible history cookbook,
 "Loaves and Fishes, Foods From Bible Times', co-authored with my good
 friend,
 Malviina Kinard." Janet V. Chrisler"

                              MANNA
 1/3 cup butter
 1 cup sugar
 3 eggs
 3 tablespoons honey
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1 teaspoon crushed coriander
 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
 3 cups flour
 Coriander seeds
 Cream butter, adding sugar gradually, until light and pale. Add eggs and
 beat
 thoroughly. Add honey, salt and crushed coriander. Combine baking powder
 with
 flour and add to the butter mixture. Drop by half teaspoons onto a
 buttered
 cookie sheet. Garnish each wafer with a coriander seed. Bake at 400
 degrees 5
 minutes or until done. WATCH CAREFULLY. They should be white and still
 soft
 when removed from oven. Cool on wire racks. Serve at tea time or with a
 pitcher of cold milk for an evening snack.

 In other words, Rita, matzos! You make them first, and let me know!