SC - mortar & pestle

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 15 14:18:17 PST 1999

Elysant at aol.com wrote:
> -Poster:<Elysant at aol.com>
>
> Mince your suet instead of grating it. :-) That's how suet in
> usually sold in Britain.  Perhaps if you don't have a mincer, the
> butcher could mince it for you at the store.

!!! No kidding!  The recipe instructions said specifically to grate
the suet either by hand or using the grater attachment of a food
processor (which I don't have); and that just chopping or putting
through the regular food processor would give the wrong consistency.
Which is why I didn't use the grinder attachment on my KitchenAid,
as someone else suggested.

But if that's the way they do it in Britain, than by St. George it's
good enough for me attempting to recreate a British pudding.

Vika
looking mournfully at wounds