SC - Cinnamon

Aislinn999@aol.com Aislinn999 at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 12:57:28 PST 1999

Bonne of Traquair wrote:

> The only thing I had that you didn't mention was nifty, glare-free page
> covers to keep spills off the recipes being used in the kitchen, important
> as our ink-jet ink is not waterproof!!!

I had the covers at the site, I just never used them. I didn't cook from
the notebook, but from one set of recipes taped to the wall. The were
fine that way, as I never really touched them, and they never fell, it
just allowed me to scan them really quickly. The covers I had were the
glossy kind, as my original plan was to cover them before taping them up
(but I started off a little late....), and use a dry erase pen to check
off various steps in each recipe. In that specific regard (writing on
with a dry erase marker), the glossy covers do better, as they lack that
pebbly surface that discourages wiping the marker medium off. And the
glossies are easier to wipe and clean from most spills. The just catch
light glare really well.

Fortunately, my printers are laser types, but I have access to a colour
jet if I want.

Seumas