SC - agave-OOP

Mordonna22@aol.com Mordonna22 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 22:59:39 PST 1999

Wolfmother mentions a way to stretch venison further:
> Take all the bones and leavings and put them in a covered roasting pan with
> enough apple cider & scotch to cover.  Roast them at 250 degrees for a long,
> long time.  Eventually, you'll end up with some really great juice.  You can
> then use this juice to marinade beef.  We did this at a feast once, and we
> fooled everyone.  Even the seasoned hunters/venison gourmets thought they
> were eating roasted venison, when in actuality it was just roast beef, soaked
> in venison juice.  Super stuff.

I wish the cooks at one of our baronial feasts had known this trick. I think
I can remember having venison only twice, both at SCA feasts. At one of the
feasts, we ended up with venison stew because our hunters had not been as
skilled (or lucky?) as they had been proclaiming they would be so the cooks
had to change the menu to make the venison go further.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net