SC - "Old Food"

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sat Dec 18 13:31:57 PST 1999

Stefan asked:

I have both types of graders.(one is a single flat sheet, the other is four
different grater sheets arranged in a vertical column and once had a
handle).
But I don't see how they would differ in this situation. I can see either
one
being a problem if the suet is too soft or you try to get every last bit
through the grater.

What am I missing, Gilebert?
___________________

Stefan,

Parmesan graters have square opening that you put the cheese in, then you
close the lid and the handles attached to the lid with a hinge and the end
near your hand (Like an alligators jaws).  Then you press both parts of the
handles to gether and that puts pressure on the cheese to force it against
the grinder without you having to touch it.  The there is a handle that you
turn to move the grater in a circle.  In other words, your hands do not
touch the cheese so you can not scrape your hand on the grater itself.

I hope I explained this okay.

Murkial