SC - Sweets to the sweet, have some fruitcake...

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Mon Dec 20 09:37:03 PST 1999

Lainie asks me, regarding treats for the Laurel meeting...

>So, Anne-Marie, what _are_ you bringing? I will have to hear reports...

the current menu is:
stuffed eggs (la varenne, 17th century french)
mushroom pastez (le menagier, 14th century french)
marchpanes (various late period sources)
ruzzige cake (?15th century german...need to check the source)
lemonade (la varenne) or sparkling cider (I dont do champagne, the
traditional beverage of the council :))

for those not from An Tir, the tradition is that the baby Laurel brings
treats to the next meeting. Godytha started it with strawberries and
champagne :). I ahve been told by my Master that that was the only reason
they elevated me, so that they'd have nice food!

I have some nice folks from one of our cantons to help serve, since I'll be
doing the back to back meeting dance...

oh, and anyone in An Tir is welcome to a party to celebrate the new Laurels
of my Barony Saturday night! emailme privately for more info if you like...

- --AM