SC - books and plastic cards

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Tue Dec 21 13:50:03 PST 1999

But how to assure they get things right?  Someone mentioned that the
person writing the Article for the Oregon Newspaper had been told
repeatedly that the overspiced spoiled meat was a Myth, yet it still
appears in the article.

	And there you have it, there is no guarantee that they will get it
right, and you have no control once it gets into editors hands.  (Unless
the tape editor happens to be in the SCA, which one of our news tapes was
done by ;)

>  the show TV Dinners on Food TV. The host goes to
> various homes and helps cook a meal and talks with the cooks about the
> various histories and traditions behind the foods preparing.
> Zoe

The first time I saw this one, he was at the home of a family that
included a new mother, and they were preparing and eating (and serving to
their friends) her placenta.  That's right, her afterbirth.  They tried
it a variety of ways, including a pate like spread and sauteed with
onions and garlic.  They were all making yummy faces, but I don't know, I
don't know if I ever want to know someone that well.  (I understand the
concept of it being rich in nutrients, and I have raised dogs and seen
them eat it right after the birth, it was something about it being served
on crackers that got me---)
	Christianna