SC - books and plastic cards

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Tue Dec 21 13:50:03 PST 1999

At 12:31 PM 12/21/99 -0800,Huette von Ahrens said something like:
>I second that thought!  I use Amazon.com because they
>will allow people to send checks for the new books
>they have.  Unfortunately, they do not do the same for
>used or out-of-print books. :-(  I had a long talk
>with one of their managers about this.  They were not
>interested in changing their system to either have
>people send checks well in advance or even establish a
>deposit account.  While I will still order new books
>from them, I am now looking for a site that will allow
>me to order used or o.p. books and pay by check or
>deposit account.
>Does anyone know of one or two?  Unfortunately, I am
>"plastic-challenged" at this moment.
>
>Huette

Many of the booksellers on http://www.abe.com encourage the use of checks
in addition to plastic (and some use the checks/money orders ONLY, and NO
plastic).
This is a great site to search for used, out of print and even newer books,
I've had a blast using that particular system of book sellers.

Regards,
Maggie MacD.