SC - off topic - cooking experience

STRAIGHT STRAIGHT at infoblvd.net
Fri Dec 24 09:40:52 PST 1999

Tollhase1 at aol.com wrote:

> And  to you Ras and all your kin, a merry Christ- Mass to enjoy.
>
> Today we make two types of magical red nosed venison cookies.  My Son says
> that he will go to bed at 5 PM without question to show Santa that he is a
> good boy.  He has also requested no underwear and promises to give Santa
> cheese.  I told him that Santa really likes Brie and a good white wine and
> perhaps some fish eggs also.

The standard offering around here is a couple of Cantonese spring rolls
and a bottle of IPA. It's good to see that the irresponsible tradition
of leaving milk or cocoa and cookies is being fought by the
right-thinking element: I've heard rumors Santa Claus has a blood
chemistry that doesn't handle theobromine well, and that in addition
he's lactose intolerant. The prospect of Santa drinking and flying seems
to pale in comparison to the obvious dangers of overdoing it on the milk
or cocoa and cookies. It's good to see, though, that children around the
world are being intoduced to the Brehon hospitality laws in this way.

> My son told me that there is nothing wrong with American cheese slices, I am
> not allowed to whine and why would I like to eat dead fish eggs.

Because it's better than eating live fish eggs, that's why. Caviar, BTW,
is another product that goes extremely well with IPA.

>  My daughter
> is afraid that Santa may pass by as she has said that Santa does not exist
> and her brother had picked up on it.  My daughter is being real helpful, and
> keeps telling me that St. Nicklaus is a real person, and that he represents a
> spirit of giving which is real.

My kid has asked me if I've ever _seen_ Santa Claus; I tell him quite
truthfully that I never have, but that it was never necessary. It's also
true that a lot of the goodies I've received over the years have
probably really been delivered by various earthly agents of the jolly
old geezer, parents and such, but again, more was never necessary. I'll
leave things like the airplanes that have been dropping from the skies
like stones on Christmas Eve, only to find their controls and engines
mysteriously working again, to the main man himself.

> Have yourself a merry little Christmas
>
> Frederich.

G-d [or who/whatever functions for you] bless us, every one.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com