SC - test from c

Browning, Susan W. bsusan at corp.earthlink.net
Tue Dec 28 16:03:41 PST 1999

Minor Christmas Eve feast and opening of presents.  Christmas brunch at
sister in laws, and leftover Christmas Eve feast upon our return home.  Best
present:  I've bought so much paint and calligraphy supplies, and glass bead
making equipment and supplies this fall that I insisted no one at home buy
me anything--I'd had more than my fair share.  Nevertheless, my beloved lord
gifted me with Rainer Maria Rilke's "Book of Hours, Love Poems to God" which
is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

He got one of those old-fashioned stove top espresso pots.  Older daughter
gave me a Talking Heads CD, she recognized it as one of the albums her dad
managed to claim was his and that I say wasn't.  She got this week in the NC
mountains with the Youth Group.  Younger daughter got a cookbook devoted to
pie-making (my baby cook!) and a really nifty pie tin--fluted sides but pie
pan shaped, not a tart pan.  And this is very sad that I am "blanking" on
what she gave to me.  Oh dear. BAD me!  Oh, I know, she wanted to get me
more paint anyway and we will drive to the good art store in Raleigh for it
later this week. (where she will probably manage to finagle some art
supplies for herself.)

Bonne