SC - OT--Receipe for Crab Rangoon

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Dec 29 15:28:41 PST 1999

> By the way, nobody from Burma/Myanmar that I've spoken to has ever
> heard of this... ; )

You'll only find an English muffin with Canadian bacon here in the US.
:)=  And who was it, a few months back, who mentioned European style
New York brand Texas Garlic Toast?  Available in your grocer's
freezer.  I picked up a box for kicks.  It was fun.  I kept the box.

> I don't think this is an especially common dish in the Chinese
> restaurants around here, but one or two local places have begun
> selling them...

Most of the Chinese restaurants around here serve almost verbatim the
same dishes.  It's spooky.  I have no idea how it propagates, but one
restaurant served the Krab Rangoons a few years back, now they all do.
I've always been amused by the possibility of a generic standard
Chinese Restaurant Catalog.

> I wonder if it's a West-Coast Chinatown thing.
> Adamantius

Nah, we have them in southeast.  Tennessee, at least.