SC - OT--Receipe for Crab Rangoon

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 16:01:47 PST 1999

> Most of the Chinese restaurants around here serve
> almost verbatim the
> same dishes.  It's spooky.  I have no idea how it
> propagates, but one
> restaurant served the Krab Rangoons a few years
> back, now they all do.
> I've always been amused by the possibility of a
> generic standard
> Chinese Restaurant Catalog.
>
> > I wonder if it's a West-Coast Chinatown thing.
> > Adamantius
>
> Nah, we have them in southeast.  Tennessee, at
> least.

Omnipresent in the places I've been in the West (as in
western third of the US)... I love crab rangoons (and
one place served real c-crab, not krab--I think it's
in downtown Denver) and have consumed them in Seattle,
Denver, Boulder, the Bay Area, and Regina,
Saskatchewan.

(Anne-Marie!  What's the name of that group that sings
the song about Saskatchewan and margarine? And what's
the name of the song?)

Berengaria