SC - digest?

Kay Loidolt mmkl at indy.net
Fri Dec 31 08:36:58 PST 1999

My New Year's Menu(s):

Midnight Meal

Broiled Lobster garnished with 24 ct gold flakes and a sprinkle of Caviar
Melted Garlic Butter
Avocado Stuffed with Crab Salad
Moet & Chandon White Star Champagne with Chambord

(This menu was arbitrarily constructed for my Journal. It's purpose is to
document the wealth of culinary possibilities available to the common man as
the century closes and the second complete millennium begins. It will be
interesting to compare it with next year's menu to be served as we enter the
Third Millennium of our current calendar system.)

New Year's Day Dinner Menu
(Traditional)

Sauerkraut and Pork (Recipe follows)
Mashed Potatoes
Potato Rolls
Apple Crisp
Ale

Sauerkraut and Pork
copyright 1999 L. J. Spencer, Jr.

3 LB Boneless pork roast, cut into chunks
3 LB Homemade sauerkraut (see Note below)
1  medium Macintosh apple, peeled, cored, sliced
3 tsp. Caraway seed, crushed
1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
1/4 cp. Light brown sugar, packed tightly
2 cps Beer
2 cps Water

Put ingredients in a large non-reactive pot. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce
heat to low and simmer for 1 1/2-2 hours or until pork is very tender. Serve
over mashed potatoes.

Ras