SC - Olives

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 21:50:05 PST 1999

I recently purchased some fresh raw olives from Giant . Would anyone care to
share any recipes or procedures for using/preserving these gems either from
period sources or modern sources? Every cookbook I have inexplicably assumes
that  a person is buying already preserved olives. :-( Last year when they
were available I scraped off the coating and started some olive trees from
the seeds. This year I really would like to eat them. :-)

Ras