SC - Millenium dinner

Cathy Harding charding at nwlink.com
Sun Dec 26 15:38:59 PST 1999

We were sitting around the table last night and talking about food for New
Years eve.  The first thought was dessert! (as several of the participants
in this discussion have very large sweet tooths!)  A dessert typical of each
decade of the 20th century.  This was rapidly nixed by several mom
envisioning dental work....
So the discussion turned to "how about a dish from each century in this
millenium".  dishes and food stuff figuratively flew fast and furiously, and
everyone went off to consult sagas and cook books.  We are well on our way
to coming up with a menu, but I thought that I would ask the question:  If
you were invited to a potluck of this sort (a dish from a time period
between 1000ad and 2000 ad)  what would you bring and why.....

Maeve
(happy to say, i am no longer the Crier editor!!!!!
free to cook and sew again!)