Subject: SC - OT kitty training

D. Clay-Disparti Clay at talstar.com
Tue Feb 9 03:48:56 PST 1999

Avelina,

Do you know the Icelandic chicken recipe?  It's in the Miscelleny.  You
might be able to make some chicken liver filling, preferably with bacon,
instead of the chicken breast.  If you use puff pastry or filo, these
would be pretty good, I'd think.

I've been wondering about the possibility of using electric roasters as
warming ovens.  Or, possibly, getting some of those foam coolers that are
so inexpensive at groceries.  In the bottom, put a heat proof plate and
on the plate set a hot brick.  Keep the foods on racks above the brick,
and it should work as a warming 'oven'.

We have some turnover clamps that can make risshews.  We used them to
make 'ravioles' last fall, Margaret made the dough, I put in the filling
and pushed down the mold clamp, and then we tossed them into some boiling
water, cooked a few minutes, then froze.  On the day, we fried them.
This got a lot of work done ahead of time, even though we had a really
nice kitchen.  The risshews are the same as the ravioles, basically.  You
can put a lot of different fillings in them--see Forme of Cury, 1000
Eggs, Taste of Pottage for examples.  Withpout the handy mold/clamp, use
a clean can to make a circle, then fold the dough over the filling, in
half moon shape, wet the inside edges of the dough, press down the edges
with fork tines.

Someone suggested using the backs of muffin cups to cover with dough to
blind bake individual shells for tartes.

Regards,

Allison
allilyn at juno.com, Barony Marche of the Debatable Lands, Pittsburgh, PA
Kingdom of Aethelmearc