SC - Chocolate cake, crisco question, OT-OOP

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 08:20:58 PST 1999

At 12:33 11-2-99 -0800, Lady Tyrca wrote:
>And I would like to mention that after spending the time there, I
>never once saw a "German Chocolate" cake, a lighter chocolate with a
>nut and coconut topping.  The germans really like a darker chocolate,
>not as sweet as most American stuff.

Back in the days when I was a baker, not a sailor, my boss told me that
that was actually a "German's Chocolate cake" - a recipe which was
originally published by German's Chocolate as a way of using their product.
 Don't know if this was really so, or if it was, if the company still
exists - anybody care enough to do a Web search? 8)

Alasdair mac Iain

Laird Alasdair mac Iain of Elderslie
Dun an Leomhain Bhig
Canton of Dragon's Aerie [southeastern CT]
Barony Beyond the Mountain  [northern & southeastern CT]
East Kingdom
Argent, a chevron cotised azure surmounted by a sword and in chief two
mullets sable