SC - My birthday present

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 17 07:57:34 PST 1999

- -Poster: Jean Holtom <Snowfire at mail.snet.net>

In Wales we also had a man who came around sharpening knives and scissors and the like.  And
although I lived in a rural area, we also had some interesting people who came to the door
selling their wares.  In particular we had Indian salesmen who occasionally came to the
door, completely outfitted in traditional Indian attire.  They sold things like silks,
bracelets, etc.  And we also had a "peg man" who whittled "dolly pegs" (clothes pins).
Usually "peg men (or women) were tinkers.

BTW Milk, eggs, bread, and vegetables are still delivered to the door too.  I don't know if
that's still done over here anywhere is it?

Elysant