SC - Summertime Cerulean Blue Sauce

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 24 00:36:03 PST 1999

Hello!

You are partly correct.
In Germany Blaubeere or Heidelbeere is blueberry, (bilberry or  wortleberry
in an English dictionary).
In Austria Blaubeere is Schwarzbeere and everybody would look at you with a
strange little smile if you say Blaubeere.
The garden varieties are usually bigger and not as tasty as the wild ones.
Brombeere and Schwarze Himbeere are blackberries or bramble (Rubus), but
there are some different sorts of them cultivated.
And I looked up what they are in modern Spain and Italian:
(Zarza)mora sp. and mora ital. for Blackberry, Mirtillio sp. and Mirtillo
ital. for Blueberry
I only had time tis mornig to look up the original recipie in "Medieval
Kitchen" and there they call for "moroni salvatiche".

Maybe I have the time to post the whole at the weekend.

BTW chemical  Blausäure is HCN   prussic or hydrocyanic acid.

Yours Katharina