SC - Grits 'n all that stuff

Peters, Rise J. PetersR at SpiegelMcD.com
Mon Feb 1 14:17:29 PST 1999

	Bear wrote:

	>For awhile there was a Cajun restaurant run by a Vietnamese in
Oklahoma
> City.  Good Cajun food with some interesting French items tossed in.
>
	>I understand a number of Vietnamese refugees relocated to the Gulf
Coast
> during the 70's.  Apparently, they've been absorbing the local culinary
> skills to judge by the gentleman in OKC.

That's true, and there was also a long-standing thread of French influence
in Vietnam (IIRC) that may have made that cooking style more accessible to
them.  But these aren't them!  I have tasted Cajun cooking (and done it, I
love the stuff), and this is not Cajun in any way, shape or form.