SC - More abbreviations

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Jan 1 07:35:48 PST 1999

Bear wrote:
>I discovered late last night that there is a Roman treatise on baking,
which
>presumably gives recipes for 60 different kinds of bread.  If I can find a
>copy, it will give me a pre-period reference to compare with period and
>post-period references.

Not being a member of the SCA, but of real-weapons reenactment groups, I
have the wonderful choice of being involved with groups that do Ancient
Greek/Roman, English Civil War, and all things between!(I really DO own
enough clothing for all these centuries, and so does my husband. Some people
have nothing better to do than reenact).

Anyway, I would LOVE to hear of a Roman treatise on baking. The set of
Apician recipes has nothing on bread or cakes. Any pointers to this tome
would have me jumping with joy for weeks, and have a general feeling of
well-being throughout the year.

Please, please, please tell us more!! The Wine, Dine and Recline Society
(aka Sydney Ancients Society)will be forever in your debt.

Glenda.