SC - shipping bread?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 14:24:12 PST 1999

Chris Peters wrote:

> Good Day M'lord Ras
>        I hope the new year found you well and the path before you is golden. Yes
> unfortunately it is true. I am arguing it over on the EK list and being more
> obnoxious than usual im afraid. You can find the letter at
> http:/www.pennsicwar.org/penn28/general/senletter.html.

Um, I think that's:

http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn28/general/senletter.html

My browser (which I also use for mail) presents anything that looks
remotely like a URL as a clickable link, but one missing slashmark and
the order of the universe begins to topple...;  )

> The midrealm is trying to
> put us "in line" it seems and a great many are angered (myself included) by this.

Hmmm. I'm of two minds about this. Most of what is specifically
discussed seems to be rehashing of the controversy I first became aware
of during and after Pennsic XXV, which was pretty much run from Our
Mutual Viceroy's camp. The problems addressed seem to be the same, but
maybe legislation is a bit of an extreme solution given the potential
for unexpected side effects. But I think I'd have to admit the problems
were just as annoying when the East has done the War, but chose to adopt
less hard-and-fast solutions. For all the restrictions that seem to be
coming in with Pennsic XXXVIII, I sincerely doubt legislating group
courtesy and consideration will prove any more effective the direct
reminders from autocrat and staff, and the occasional site eviction, in
the Pennsics in between.

What concerns me is the tone of the letter, which seems to
indiscriminately mix purported quotes from Corpora and personal
interpretation thereof. Obviously there is "no arguing with Corpora" in
the short term, but I don't recall any of this nonsense about recreating
"the culture of the landed nobility" appearing _in_ Corpora. I find the
duplicitous and manipulative tone to be a cause for great concern.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com