SC - Next Pennsic-OT-OOP-IMPORTANT

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Jan 4 14:49:28 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/3/99 11:17:39 PM Eastern Standard Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

<< I just found this from another list I'm on. It purports to be  about the
 Midrealm garb rules for Pennsic this year. Note that any middle eastern garb
 is defined as offensive. Does anyone know the truthful of it? And, if so,
what
 can be done to end this horror? >>

Someone is exaggerating.  You can read the Midrealm seneschal's letter for
yourself at the pennsic webpage at
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn28/

What it does is reinforces the "If you're not from Western Europe, you should
be conducting yourself as a guest at a European court" statement which appears
in some of the official Society documents.  It also notes certain items which
do NOT constitute an attempt at pre-17th century clothing, most of it the
standard "elf ears, vampire fangs, Star Trek stuff, Rev War and Civ War
uniforms, etc", with the addition of "modern cabaret bellydance costumes" and
something along the lines of "leather clothing reminiscent of sexual fantasy,
bondage, etc".

Brangwayna