SC - Hi!

kat kat at kagan.com
Tue Jan 5 13:02:28 PST 1999

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Mahanna wrote:
> Although I do have a
> question for those bread bakers among you [...]
> I had used 1 cup water instead of the 1/4 cup it
> should have been so instead of 1 cup milk I used 1/4 cup. [...]
> The bread is great but I am curious if correcting the boo boo would make
> it better?
> Morwenna

Somebody already mentioned that using milk as part of the liquid
in bread makes it richer (which is true), but something in the back
of my mind says that it also makes the crust softer.

More water - crispier crust
More milk - softer/more tender crust

So by adding more water, your crust should be crisper -- which jives
with your description.

Elizabeth
Who would be planning to try out this recipe this weekend except she's
going to Twelfth Night Coronation instead.