SC - Next Pennsic-OT-OOP-IMPORTANT

LYN M PARKINSON allilyn at juno.com
Wed Jan 6 01:35:59 PST 1999

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, J. Steve Hamaker wrote:

> I am looking for Period French recipes. Does anyone have any
> ideas were to start looking or some of your own?

My fave is _Le Viandier de Taillevent_, and the translation I have is by
James Prescott, who is also known to us as Master Thorvald Grimsson, of
the Principality of Avacal. Published by Alfarhaugr Publishing in 1989.
My only complaint is that the glue in the spine of the paperback won't
allow it to lie flat on the counter without breaking the spine ;-(
But the contents are great.

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731