SC - Food Texture

THLRenata@aol.com THLRenata at aol.com
Thu Jan 7 13:26:23 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/5/99 10:43:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
KatarinSCA at aol.com writes:

<< These "Dutch babies" or german pancakes sound good.  Could anyone please
 forward a recipe? >>

Here's the recipe I use (or I used to use, when I had a frying pan that was
oven-safe)

3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 stick of butter

Beat the egs on high in a blender for 1 minute. Add the milk and beat for
another minute. Add the flour and beat or another minute.

Melt the butter in a frying pan in a 450 degree oven. Swirl the pan to coat
evenly.  Pour the batter into the pan and bake until puffy, about 15 minutes.
The batter will doit's best to crawl out of the pan but don't panic.

Serve immediately with jam and powdered sugar, or maple syrup, or...

Renata