SC - Ethiopian honey wine

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:02:58 PST 1999

batter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs
powdered sugar

Preheat oven 400f. Heat water and butter to rolling boil in 2 1/2 quart
saucepan. Stir in flour; reduce heat. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1
minute or until mixture forms a ball; remove from heat, beat in eggs, all at
once; continue beating until smooth,,,drop by 1/4 to 1/3 cup full, 3 inches
apart onto ungreased cookie sheet...(I use a baking stone, I bought through
pampered chef...I never burn anything using it)
bake until puffed and golden brown 20-40 minutes depending on oven. Cool,
and then cut off corner of each puff and fill with cream filling. dust with
powdered sugar, refrigerate any remaining puffs.

Filling
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/8 tsn salt
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tbsp butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla

mix sugar, salt and cornstarch in pan gradually stir in milk, stirring
constantly till mixture is thick, boil and stir 1 minute, stir at least half
of the mixture into the egg yolks, then stir the egg mixture back into the
pan. boil and stir another minute, stir in butter and vanilla, cool in
fridge at least an hour. Fill cream puffs with cream filling....

serves 12
(sent to me by my mother over the holidays,,,it was wonderfull....)

Stacie