SC - food and hospitality

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Mon Jan 11 15:38:23 PST 1999

Greetings All-

I have professed before that I do bake a bit of bread.  However, everything I
do is the basic "rise until doubled - 1 to 3 hours" or variations there of.
Could we start an educational discussion of other ways and reasons for rising
bread.  Especially extending risings, chilled risings, 8-24 hour risings and
the like.  I am curious as to how to encourage each of these, how to do it
well, and what it accomplishes - especially that souring pizza dough
discussion.  Anybody have the patience for an Upper level beginner ready to
move to Intermediate?

Katarin