SC - OT- Cooks in the family, gentlemen of the list

Jennifer Conrad CONRAD3 at prodigy.net
Wed Jan 13 13:06:13 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/13/1999 12:03:08 PM Mountain Standard Time,
TerryD at Health.State.OK.US writes:

<< As for the capture of Buda, it was taken by the Turks in 1529, appears to
 have been lost or ceded following the first siege of Vienna in 1529, and
 retaken in 1541.  It was liberated in 1683 after the second siege of Vienna.

All of which is true, I just tend to go off of the 1711 date because that is
when the Turks lost control of the rest of Hungary to the Hapsburgs.  This
leads to another joke I heard there often about how that was the only good
thing the Hapsburgs did. . .

Noemi