SC - Sumac?

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 15:39:35 PST 1999

Greetings All -

Of course, the most obvious answer that comes to mind is poison sumac - which
is 100 times worse if ingested than its notoriously nasty skin reaction.  Not
a pleasant thought!!    The toxin in sumac is part of the oil and would likely
NOT be eliminated by boiling.  If there is some other kind of sumac, I'll be
interested too.  I'll assume that the food did not taste unbalanced without
it?

Katarin