SC - Soup Kitchen at Estrella (and other wars)

Laura C Minnick lainie at gladstone.uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 25 18:18:00 PST 1999

Hello the List!
	When I have been looking out for fighters, I stock:

	Sekanjabin syrup
	Gatorade (some fighters won't drink anything else, and I need it
for medical reasons)
	lemonade
	cut melons- sometimes cubed and tossed with a little salt and
rosewater
	and olives, a touch a friend taught me, and I adore!

	There's extra ice in case of injury, ibuprofen, and after fighting
is done, beer.

	I generally feed 6 to 8 people in camp. I carry dishes for about
ten, just in case. I tend to take in stragglers, those washed out of their
camps (a common enough problem in An Tir, so I carry extra provisions
just in case- extra oatmeal or rice goes a long way), and I almost always
invite 2 or 3 people to have dinner as my guest on Saturday night- a habit
that gives me opportunity to meet new friends and renew acquiantance with
old ones.

	Have fun at Estrella- school schedule won't allow me to go. Wish
me luck here- my son got hit by a car today- he's ok but I'm a mess!

'Lainie
- -
Laura C. Minnick
University of Oregon
Department of English
- -
"Libraries have been the death of many great men, particularly the
Bodleian."
	Humfrey Wanley, c. 1731