SC - Tomatos as potherbs

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Jan 26 18:08:07 PST 1999

In a message dated 1/26/99 5:11:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jstaplet at mail.law.du.edu writes:

<< It is, in fact, related botanically to deadly
 	nightshade, and it *can* cross-pollinate with
 	deadly nightshade if they are grown in close
 	proximity as a garden.

 	Therefore, there is the chance that once in a
 	while, one might grow a truly deadly batch of
 	tomatoes. >>

Source of information, please? This seems highly unlikely to me since green
peppers, potatoes and eggplants are also members of the nightshade family and
cannot crossbreed. Their relationship to nughtshade is about the same as ours
is to the other great apes with which we cannot crossbreed. :-) Thanks in
advance.

Ras