SC - Cranberry Fudge

Margo Hablutzel Margo.Hablutzel.margolh at nt.com
Tue Jan 5 09:14:24 PST 1999

I am fairly sure I got this from the Dallas Morning News site (
<http://www.dallasnews.com> www.dallasnews.com) while looking for a Jalapeno
Almonds recipe, but I cannot find it now.  However, for those who wanted it:

Boil together on high heat for approximately 5-7 minutes one 12-ounce bag
fresh or frozen cranberries and ½ cup light corn syrup, stirring
occasionally, until liquid is reduced to 3 tablespoons.  Remove from heat,
add 2 cups (one 12-ounce bag) semisweet chocolate chips and stir until they
are completely melted.  Add ½ cup confectioner's sugar, ¼ cup evaporated
milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract, and beat hard until thick and glossy.
Pour into 8"x8" pan lined with plastic wrap and chill until firm.

Now, the original says it makes 25 1"x1" pieces, and that math doesn't work
for me.  I got LOTS of little fudge balls; I had not reduced the liquid
sufficiently, apparently, and it was rather soft.  There is a note at the
end that claims "This tastes like high-quality chocolate-covered cherries."
I wouldn't know.

									---=
Morgan