SC - OT- Cooks in the family, gentlemen of the list

Nick Sasso Njs at mccalla.com
Wed Jan 13 05:48:10 PST 1999

As regards this thread, my father began the primary cooking in our
household when I was around, and was periodically involved
(stereotypical grilling stuff usually) as far back as I can remember.
He
 became an excellent cook from then on.  To this
 day, his pastry crust has been an Archetypal
 Perfection for which I have no equal.

I have taken the mantle from him to my household.
  It is my creative release and passion.  My lady
 cooks well in her own right, and enjoys being in
 the kitchen with me.  Come down to it, that is what
cooking and food is for me:  a social and familial gift
 of love and joy that is shared by all who prepare,
 plan, present and consume.  Sort of a spiritual thing.

niccolo difrancesco